Knowledge – Our members have got decades of experience – it’s obvious, just don’t tell them! Whether you are new to the sport or an old salt, nothing beats a chat about boats, tactics, and the latest race or cruise. Our members are more than happy to chat and liberally dispense advice.
Storage – Space permitting, we can store your boat in our sheds directly by the water. Our low rates are exclusive to members.
Safety – Before each event our race officers monitor the weather conditions and assess whether sailors are safe. The club provides support boats and communication when you are out there. You are not alone. We are there to help you if you’ve got a problem, we can take you and your boat ashore. We carry radios and can request external assistance.
- Sailing Junior
- Junior Family
- Sailing Senior
- Senior Family
- Non Sailing
|Membership||Fees for the 2021-22 season|
|Sailing Junior – under 19 yrs on 12 October 2019||$145|
|Junior Family Membership||$275|
|Sailing Senior – 19 yrs plus on 12 October 2019||$285|
|Senior Family Membership||$430|
|Discounted sailing membership for the Learn to Sail course graduates|| $75 (junior)
|Non Sailing Member – all ages||$50|
|Shed Space Optimist/P-class/ Kayaks/Sailboards||$180|
|Shed Space Starling||$210|
|Shed Space all other classes||$260|
- All membership fees include Yachting New Zealand (YNZ) affiliation fee
- A Junior Member is under 19 years of age on the 15th of October, a Senior member is 19 or over on the 15th of October.
- Junior Family Membership is available to sailing and/or non-sailing juniors and their non-sailing parents only. It does not cover senior sailing members in the family.
- Senior Family Membership is available to families with no more than 2 senior sailing members but can include any number of junior sailors and non-sailing members.
- Members who do not pay their subscriptions by 1 November 2021 will not be eligible for club racing prizes.
- You must be a financial member of the club for the current season.
- To be eligible for boat storage you must compete in or assist with running at least 8 championship club races at Paremata during the season.
- Sheds are allocated at the sole discretion of the club and boats must be removed if owners are asked to do so.
- No road trailers are allowed in the sheds.
- Sheds must be kept clean and gear stored properly.
- You must not borrow or remove any property from other boat sheds without permission.
- You must not change sheds, locks or boat space allocation unless the Shed Co-ordinator has granted permission.
- If you unlock the shed, you are responsible for ensuring that the shed is locked again.
- If storage fees remain unpaid, the club reserves the right to sell any boat to defray storage fees owing or to use any boat with unpaid storage fees for club purposes, such as Learn to Sail courses, or a combination of the two options.
- You are responsible for insurance of your stored boats and gear. All boats are stored at your risk and the club accepts no responsibility for any damage or theft of boats or gear from the club’s buildings.
- Boats not regularly used may be moved to a top shelf location or to a different shed at the discretion of the shed storage coordinator and/or the management committee. Boats that remain unused must be removed (as we are always short on space for sailors who wish to sail).
- Any keys remain the property of Paremata Boating Club and must be returned at the end of the tenancy.
- There is a $20 charge for replacement of lost keys