Season update regarding Covid-19

Hi Everyone,

With the rapidly evolving environment around COVID-19 we have made the decision to suspend all organised club events from this point on.

This includes all Sunday sailing, Friday sailing and Tuesday Race coaching.

This decision is not taken lightly, we have thought hard about what the responsible thing to do is in our situation.

It is very disappointing indeed to do this, but the health of our community is our major concern.

This decision has taken into account many factors about our clubs situation and the guidance from the NZ Government, Ministry of Health and Yachting New Zealand.

We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and updates on activities will be given as they become available.

The club is not off limits so please feel free to go for a sail with friends and use your boats as you wish but all organised events are cancelled.

Obviously please do not come down to the club at all if you are feeling unwell, wash your hands and practice good hygiene to help limit the spread of this virus.

The latest information on protecting yourself is available from the Ministry of Health below

Stay well folks
Fair winds to all

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s